Search Amazing Houses for Rent in Grand Island, NE
Grand Island is the county seat of Hall County, Nebraska. It's located near Central City and Lincoln. The city's central location means that homes for rent put residents close to numerous transportation options, like Interstate-80, U.S. highways 281, 30 and 34, Nebraska Highway 2, and the Central Nebraska Regional Airport, which makes commuting anywhere a breeze. Grand Island is also considered the retail hub of central Nebraska, meaning there are all kinds of attractions, dining opportunities and stores to explore.
2 Historical Sites in Grand Island
- The Yancey is an 11-story, 150-room hotel building listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was completed in October 1923 and named after William L. Yancey, who used to operate it. The Yancey closed as a hotel in 1982, but was remodeled and reopened in 1985 as a condominium and office complex.
- The Hall County Courthouse is one of the best examples of Beaux-Arts Classicism architecture in the Midwest. It's listed on the National Register of Historic places and was formally accepted in January 1904.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Check out Grand Island's website to get acquainted with the city and learn more about all that it offers. The site has everything from an events calendar to department contact information, government details, services and recreation opportunities.
- The Grand Island Convention & Visitors Bureau is a great resource for those who are looking for things to do in the city and surrounding area. Whether you want nightlife, day trips, historical attractions or family-friendly activities, you'll find all kinds of options on the site.
- The Grand Island Independent is a local news source that can help you stay up to date on what's been going on in the area.
- The Grand Island Public Library's website has all kinds of resources that new renters may find useful, from an online catalog to a list of upcoming library-sponsored events for the whole family.