Find Houses for Rent in Menands, NY
Located within the Town of Colonie and happily situated on the banks of the Hudson River, Menands is a quaint village with a tight-knit community. To foster this small-town atmosphere, the village hosts youth programs, throws free concerts in the summer and even has a volunteer village gardener. If you find a home for rent in Menands, you'll become part of a truly unique community.
5 Things Renters Should Know About Menands
- Menands is just minutes from major highways I-787, I-90 and I-87.
- The village is located in the Capital District and is bordered by Albany and Watervliet.
- The Village of Menands was incorporated in 1924.
- The village was named after Louis Menand, a Frenchman who immigrated to America in 1937 and settled in the area. The horticulturist's greenhouses and home are located in what is now known as Ganser-Smith Park.
- Menands is less than three hours from New York City and Boston.
Top 3 Resources for Renters in Menands
- Menands has a First Call system set up to alert residents and businesses of community events or emergencies. You can register by filling out this form.
- Whether you want to read about Menands news, are looking for the summer concerts schedule or are interested in learning about the village code, you'll find it all on Menands' official website.
- Do you plan to raise children in Menands? You'll want to become familiar with the Menands School District.
Things to Do in and Around Menands
Because of its central location, Menands is in the perfect position to offer its residents a wealth of activities and attractions. Spend the afternoon on the Hudson-Mohawk River Bike Trail or stroll through Ganser-Smith Park. There are several theaters in nearby Albany (it's just 10 minutes away by car), but residents also enjoy shopping at Crossgates Mall and Colonie Center.