Find Houses for Rent in Middle Island, NY
Located between Coram and Ridge, this hamlet in Suffolk County is a part of Brookhaven and is home to numerous lakes, including Spring Lake, Artist Lake and Pine Lake. Families interested in homes for rent will love the central location that this community has in the center of Long Island.
Fun Facts About Middle Island for New Renters
- Middle Island's name is quite literal - it lies approximately halfway between Montauk Point and the East River, the eastern and western ends of Long Island. It's also the halfway point of the Long Island Sound and Atlantic Ocean, which are the northern and southern boundaries.
- The community is a member of Longwood Central School District, which is the largest of its kind on Long Island at 58 square miles.
- With hiking, camping and biking trails, the Cathedral Pines County Park is the perfect destination for families. The 320-acre park is situated along the Carmans River and has electricity hookups on its campsites.
Interesting Resources for New Middle Island Residents
- Middle Island is home to the Longwood Public Library, which aims to provide all of its citizens with free public services. It offers the widest range of resources to the community, both educational and cultural.
- The Middle Island Country Club is a paradise for golfers of all ages and skill levels, with more than 220 acres of fairways and greens. Recently renovated, it offers unforgettable rounds of golf each time you step out on the course.
What to Do in Middle Island
Whether you want to settle into the peaceful environment or venture off into the surrounding towns, Middle Island is one of the best places for families to rent homes and live together in tranquility.