Explore Houses for Rent in North Topsail Beach, NC
North Topsail Beach is a community located on Topsail Island off the coast of North Carolina, neighboring Jacksonville. Homes for rent in this coastal town provide families with access to the Permuda Island Reserve and a number of bays, parks and other amenities.
Interesting Facts About North Topsail Beach and Topsail Island
- North Topsail Beach is one of three of communities found on Topsail Island.
- North Topsail Beach was incorporated in 1900.
- Topsail Island has been called other names during its history. These include West Onslow Beach and North Topsail Shores.
- The island offers pleasing scenery, including maritime forests and long stretches of beach.
- The pirates Blackbeard and Stede Bonnet were rumored to have buried treasure in the vicinity of the island.
- Treasure hunters later explored the island's forests in an attempt to find the buried treasure.
Helpful Resources for Renters
- Residents in the area for the first time can gain familiarity with their surroundings by reading the pages available on the Town of North Topsail Beaches' website. The main features on the site are the community's departments, boards and committees, along with information about doing business and enjoying recreation in North Topsail Beach.
- Staying aware of news in the community can be easily accomplished by checking out Topsail News Online. The site provides opinion pieces on significant events in the town and news pieces on the government. The site also has additional features, including a description of the area and more.
- Renters eager to explore the business community on the island can fulfill their wish by checking out the website of The Greater Topsail Area Chamber of Commerce and Tourism. A new resident can join the chamber, explore the business directory and find out about chamber events on the site.