Discover Houses for Rent in Hubert, NC
Hubert is a small unincorporated community in the eastern region of Onslow County. The community is close to notable North Carolina cities, such as Swansboro and Jacksonville along the Atlantic Ocean. Families searching for homes for rent can attend many stellar locations and enjoy many amenities while living in Hubert, such as Onslow County Parks: Hubert By-Pass Park, Queen's Creek United Methodist, Personal Touch Pet Grooming and a number of others.
Interesting Facts About Hubert and Swansboro
- The Algonkian Native American tribe were among the earliest inhabitants of the area.
- White Oak River, a prominent natural landmark in the area, was the central settling point of the early English settlers. These settlers came because of land grants that were given in the early 1700s.
- As Swansboro is located near the Atlantic, port activity was a source of the early community's vibrant economy. Naval stores and the shipbuilding industry flourished in the area.
- The Camp Lejeune Marine Corps Base, which is close to Jacksonville, had a heavy influence on the area around Hubert and Swansboro, bringing numerous jobs.
Resources for Renters
- Hubert, despite being a small community, has its own website. There, renters can explore local links, such as information on the nearby military base, hospitals in the area and the nearby Jacksonville Albert J. Ellis Airport. The site also contains a brief description of the current societal makeup of Hubert.
Onslow County Schools and its website offer helpful guides to the educational scene in the county, which will be relevant to parents and students in Hubert. Other pages on the site include the district's board of education, district events, human resources, community affairs and many more, all of which provide a guide to the district.