Discover Awesome Houses for Rent in Rocky Mount, NC
Rocky Mount is a North Carolina city that's found in two counties, Edgecombe and Nash, and is close to Tarboro and Raleigh. Homes for rent in the city offer families and residents access to numerous quality urban amenities, parks, cafes and more.
Historical Facts About Rocky Mount
- The name Rocky Mount comes from the rocky mounds that are present at the nearby Tar River.
- Mills were a prominent part of the city's early economy. The Rocky Mount Mills was first established in 1818.
- The Wilmington-Weldon Railroad, built in 1845, helped to bring Rocky Mount into contact with a variety of other communities.
- Rocky Mount was incorporated in 1867 as a town. Rocky Mount gained recognition as a city when it was incorporated for a second time, in 1907.
- The tobacco industry was a notable market for Rocky Mount in the 1800s.
- Agriculture also played a significant role in the early economic life of Rocky Mount.
- The first daily newspaper in the city was called the Rocky Mount Evening Telegram.
- Rocky Mount's Chamber of Commerce was founded in 1904.
Helpful Resources for Renters
- Look into the Rocky Mount's official website to discover more information about the city that can assist new residents in growing familiar with the area surrounding their new homes. The site provides information about a bevy of items, like city government, community resources, local departments, public safety and more.
- Information about business and community in Rocky Mount can be gleaned from the official Rock Mount Area Chamber of Commerce website. The site has a number of features, such as a business directory, that a new renter can explore.
- Residents eager to find news items about their new city should visit the site for The Rocky Mount Telegram, a local news source that covers a vast range of topic, from sports to business.