Discover Houses for Rent in Wake Forest, NC
Wake Forest is a town in North Carolina's Wake County that's a short drive north of Raleigh, North Carolina's capital city. Homes for rent in the community offer access to a number of great schools, a library, coffee shops, restaurants, amenities and many more, making the community a pleasant place to bring up a family.
Historical Facts About Wake Forest
- Wake Forest's origins are rooted in its existence as a college town, with Wake Forest University being a prominent reason many students come to the community.
- Certain sections of Wake Forest were dubbed the "Forest District" in 1805, due to the area's heavily wooded setting.
- Another prominent site of higher education in the community is the Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- A railroad helped to spur the commercial development of Wake Forest. This development led to the community's official incorporation in 1880.
- The name of the community has changed over the years, first being known as the Town of Wake Forest College before settling on its current name in 1909.
- Numerous businesses were founded in Wake Forest in the years between 1880 and 1905. Notable examples included the Powers and Holding Drugstore, Dickson Brothers Dry Goods and Wake Forest Supply Company, among several others.
Helpful Resources for Renters
- Check out Wake Forest's official website to find a wealth of information about the city. There's details on a wide range of items related to city life that will be helpful for new renters getting settled, such as hot topics in Wake Forest, city government, town news, multimedia resources about the town, a town calendar and more.
- More information about business in the city can be found on the site for the Wake Forest Area Chamber of Commerce. The chamber has details about upcoming events, joining the chamber, member resources, news and events, government affairs, contact information and more.