Discover Houses for Rent in Leland, NC
Leland is a vibrant community in Brunswick County. The town is ideally located a short drive away from both Raleigh and Charlotte. The community is also close to the Brunswick River and the Cape Fear River, while residents can travel through North Carolina on the Andrew Jackson Highway, as it passes directly through Leland. Families in search of homes for rent should note the town's bustling downtown area and amenities, such as Northwest District Park, Leland Community Park, Food Lion of Leland and more.
Interesting Facts About Leland
- Leland was settled at the same time as the settlements on the banks of the Brunswick and Cape Fear rivers. The settlements along the rivers consisted primarily of plantations.
- Leland was one of many communities that served as a focal point for trade in Brunswick County. This was due to the community's ideal riverside location, which helped the town expedite the shipping of goods.
- Some of the first institutions that were developed in Leland included a post office, a school and a Baptist and Methodist church.
- The town was unincorporated until 1989.
- Leland has an annual celebration called Founders Day that takes place in September.
- The town's motto is "Growing our future. Nourishing our roots."
Resources for Renters
The town of Leland's website has many pages that can be quickly accessed on an easy-to-use interface, with pages on the police, community, news and events, and numerous others. Renters can also find information about the town's contact information on the site. Other helpful resources available to residents on the site include information about business in the city.
- Parents and students can find information about education in Leland by visiting the website of Brunswick County Schools. Notable pages on the site include "District" and "Divisions."