Discover Houses for Rent in Donna, TX
Donna is located in Hidalgo County, neighboring Pharr and Weslaco. Families searching for homes for rent will find an area full of interesting places, such as Altas Palmas Park, Church's Chicken, Delia's Taco House, Taqueria La Diligencia, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Ruben's Meat Market No2 and Brenda's Beauty Salon.
Interesting Information About Donna
- The land that modern Donna is built on was given to Lino Cabazos by the Mexican government in the 1800s. The Cabazos family were some of the early inhabitants of the area, and their descendants continued to live in Donna.
- Donna was assisted in development by families that emigrated to the area from the northern regions of the U.S. For example, the Hooks family was instrumental in the early history of the city. Thomas Jefferson Hook was of of the founders of the La Blanca Agricultural Company, which established a ranching and agrarian business in part of modern Donna.
- The city continued to grow over the years - in the 1900s, a station in the city was recognized as shipping the most produce in Texas.
- Journalism also played a role early in the city's life. The Donna Developer came out for the first time in 1910. Later papers were the Donna Dispatch and the Donna News.
- The city's distinctive motto is "The City with a Heart in the Heart of the Rio Grande Valley."
Resources for Renters
- Renters eager to learn about business should visit the Rio Grande Valley Chamber of Commerce's website. The chamber's motto is "One Region, One Voice." The site has pages on membership, resources and a business directory, among other helpful links.
- Hidalgo County's website has pages on law and justice, county departments, online services and a photo gallery. The latter will help a renter get used to the sights he or she will see while living in the county.