Discover Houses for Rent in Port Arthur, TX
Port Arthur is ideally located in Jefferson County, placing it along Sabine Lake. The city neighbors Nederland. Families searching for homes for rent have access to countless places in Port Arthur, such as Jared N. Logan Park, Judice's French Market & Deli, Tequila's Mexican and Sandifer's LP Gas & Services.
Interesting Facts About Port Arthur
- The Atakapa Native American tribe were the earliest settlers in the area around Sabine Lake - capitalizing on the fertile land along its banks.
- Europeans also visited the area over the years. The explorers were an eclectic mix, including the English, French and Spanish. However, many of these individuals were transients and didn't stay to settle or develop the area.
- The opening of the Port Arthur Channel and Dock Co. helped develop business and residential activity in the city.
- Like many cities in Texas, an oil boom in the 1900s had an enormous and pivotal role in improving the economy in Port Arthur.
- The legendary musician Janis Joplin was from Port Arthur. Other famous individuals who got their start in the city include Allen Shivers, Jimmy Johnson and Evelyn Keyes.
Resources for Renters
- The official website of Port Arthur clearly shows what the expectations of potential renters should be. The site does this by providing information on pages tailored to individual needs. For example, a page called "Citizens" has resources such as building permit applications, utility services and a page called "Blackboard Connect" that will alert a renter prior to an emergency. The site also has a city calendar, pages on city government and officials, and a page regarding business.
- The Port of Port Arthur's website will be helpful to renters eager to learn about business and the ships that pass through the ports. The site has pages on the terminal, a description of the port, maritime services, port tariff, news and events and public notices.