Discover Houses for Rent in Lumberton, TX
Lumberton is found in Hardin County. The city neighbors Beaumont and Silsbee. Homes for rent will allow families to have access to a vast range of amenities and locations, as the city includes places such as Village Creek State Park, Novrozsky's Hamburgers, Crawdads Washateria & Cleaners, Brookshire Brothers, Crazy Jose's and Napoli's Italian.
History of Lumberton
- Lumberton was built to serve a community along the Gulf, Beaumont and Kansas City Railway.
- Prominent economic industries during the early 1900s were sawmills and logging camps. Many areas in the vicinity of Lumberton made their living from these industries.
- Lumberton is now known as a residential suburb.
- The city was officially incorporated in 1973.
Resources for Renters
- The city's website has a helpful set of pages for prospective renters. These include the city's departments and information about its government. Departments include a municipal court, a senior center and the Lumberton Police Department. Renters who want to learn about what life will be like in Lumberton should visit the page called "Living," which provides links to clubs and organizations in the city, contact information, demographics and information on Village Creek State Park. Renters who are searching for jobs in a new area should visit the page called "Working" that provides information on the Lumberton Industrial Development Corporation and the city's chamber of commerce.
- The Lumberton Public Library has a site that will be useful for renters. Pages on the site include "Library Membership," which will help a renter become a member and display the benefits of becoming one. The site also has information on news and events, career resources, a summer reading program and a search tool that will allow you to peruse the library's catalog to find books.
Lumberton Independent School District has helpful information for parents and students alike, such as a list of departments and student resources.