Discover Houses for Rent in Nederland, TX
Nederland is a city in Jefferson County. It's close to Groves and Beaumont and is near a large body of water, the Sabine Lake. Families looking for homes for rent will find many benefits of living in Nederland, such as its broad range of shops, restaurants and parks, including Finch Hutton, C. Doornbos Park, Homer Nagel Park, Babe Ruth Park and Reinstra Heritage Park.
Interesting Facts About Nederland
- The area of modern Nederland was developed by Port Arthur Townsite Company and the Port Arthur Land Company. This was done to help a new railroad in the area become prosperous.
- Dairy and truck farms played a role in Nederland's early economy.
- Rice was also a profitable form of agriculture for a time in the city's history.
- Nederland was incorporated into Texas in 1940.
- The Mid-County Chronicle was a weekly newspaper first published in Nederland in 1930.
Resources for Renters
- Nederland's Chamber of Commerce has a website to help renters learn about economic and business opportunities in the city. The chamber has pages on membership - with particular pages specifying the reasons a resident should join the chamber, committees making up the chamber, how to find a member and how to join the chamber. Other pages include one called "About Us" that describes the mission of the chamber, its history, current staff and board of directors. The site also has information on business development, links and events that the chamber hosts.
- The city's simple and easy-to-use website has many links and pages for renters to peruse. These include a calendar, the city's departments, job postings, agendas and minutes, newsletters and community reports, among several others.
Nederland Independent School District's website has indispensable information for parents and students alike. There are pages on educational resources, departments and a page hand-tailored to the needs of parents for potential renters.