Find Houses for Rent in Hyrum, UT
Located north of Salt Lake City and south of Providence, Hyrum is surrounded by forests to the east, south and west. The homes for rent in Hyrum promise a spectacular view. This is the perfect location for families looking to move to Utah who prefer the serene backdrop of nature in contrast to the congestion of big-city living. Residents of Hyrum can enjoy nature up close by spending weekends on the many campgrounds that surround the city. Those looking for shorter excursions can relax in Hyrum State Park to the southwest. Meanwhile, more adventurous renters can explore the Hyrum Reservoir, located next to the state park.
3 Facts About Hyrum
- The city of Hyrum holds an annual July 4th celebration called the Star Spangled Celebration. It includes the Blacksmith Fork Freedom Run, which is a downhill, 9.3-mile race. There are a number of age and weight groups, and winners receive cash prizes and a moose trophy.
- Hyrum City was founded in 1860 by Ira Allen, who led a group of Mormon pioneers to Camp Hollow, located 5 miles east of Maughan's Fort, now known as Wellsville. Allen and the settlers built Fort Hyrum, which originally housed 120 people.
- The Hyrum Library offers its books and services for free to residents of Hyrum, Nibley and Wellsville. They have a collection of books, audiobooks, videos, DVDs, periodicals and reference materials.
Useful Resources for Renters
- The city of Hyrum has over 173.5 acres of recreational property and is proud of the land and its offerings. Residents are encouraged to enjoy the parks and can make reservations for events at the Hyrum City Parks website.
- Students who live in Hyrum will attend institutions within the Cache County School District.
Families and young renters looking for a great new home with access to recreational parks should look no further than Hyrum.