Explore Houses for Rent in Logan, UT
Nestled between the neighborhoods of Smithfield and Hyrum is the city of Logan. Located almost directly north of Salt Lake City, Logan puts plenty of distance between its homes for rent and the busy city life in the Utah capital. A little over 82 miles away, renters in Logan don't have to worry about having to deal with tourists throughout the year, ensuring a nice, relaxing way of life. This area is perfect for young professionals looking to steer clear of congested city life and families looking to raise their children in a quiet and beautiful area.
Interesting Facts About Logan
- Logan City boasts a rich history. It's a part of Cache Valley, which had an abundance of wild game. This drew many hunters and trappers into the area in the early 19th century. In 1859, a small group of Mormons settled in the region at the instruction of Brigham Young, a Mormon leader. They named the community after Ephraim Logan, who was a trapper from the area. Logan was officially incorporated in 1866.
- Cache Valley's name derives from French. "Cache" means to hide and refers to hunters who would stash away pelts in the valley grounds while they did more hunting.
- Renters with active lifestyles will love the many recreational opportunities in Logan, which include hiking, mountain biking, fishing and camping.
Useful Resources for Renters
- Renters should visit the Logan City website frequently to keep up with community meetings, training courses, closure notifications and more.
- Logan residents will have plenty of activities to participate in throughout the year at the Logan Library.
- Parents of young children will select schools from the Logan City School District, which serves elementary and secondary school students.