Discover Houses for Rent in Brigham City, UT
Near Willard Bay, an inlet of Great Salt Lake, Brigham City is the county seat of Box Elder County. Brigham City is a medium-sized residential community with large nature areas for families to explore, including Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge and Unita-Wasatch-Cache National Forest. The community is also home to the Brigham City Municipal Airport, the Brigham City Museum and Brigham City Community Hospital. Homes for rent in Brigham City are well-situated for regional travel with routes 89 and 91 headed to the mountains and interstates 15 and 84 for easy drives to Ogden, Bountiful and Salt Lake City to the south.
Important Information for Future Renters
- In 1851, William Davis was the first white settler in the Box Elder area, which was Shoshone Native American land. Davis brought a small number of people and built crude settlements. In 1853, Mormon Church President Brigham Young, for whom the city is now named, sent a group to colonize the area. It quickly developed into a larger community.
- In the 1860s, Lorenzo Snow, who was asked by Young to colonize the area, created a co-op system that involved most townspeople in some capacity. Other Mormon settlements used the Brigham City Co-op as a model.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- For everything from sports registration and bill payment to local announcements, the Brigham City official website is a great tool for residents.
- The Box Elder School District serves the children of Brigham City as well as families in neighboring communities throughout the county.
- Families living in Box Elder County can check out the Box Elder News Journal for updates on news, sports and events.
Live in Brigham City
Less than an hour north of Salt Lake City, Brigham City is a good-sized community in an excellent location, perfect for outdoorsy families.