186 Houses for Rent in Poquoson, Virginia
Number of Bedrooms
Poquoson House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Looking for more?
Locate Houses for Rent in Poquoson, VA
Homes for rent in Poquoson, Va., have the best of both worlds. Being a small community, Poquoson is also part of the Hampton Roads region, and locals living in homes for rent can enjoy all the employment, education and cultural attractions it has to offer.
Things Poquoson Renters Should Know
- Unlike many surrounding cities, Poquoson has retained its name since the 17th century, and is derived from the Native-American inhabitants who primarily lived there before European settlement. The name translates to an area that's flat, marshy and wooded.
- Poquoson is one of the smaller cities in the region, and has retained much of its rural character and green areas.
Key Resources for Renters in Poquoson
- Examine local development, check out the different city departments and look at current government employment openings at The City of Poquoson official website.
- Look up local businesses at the Virginia Peninsula Chamber of Commerce website.
- Explore parent resources, browse though different academic and athletic programs and check out community pages at the Poquoson City Public Schools website.
Top Things to Do in and Around Poquoson
Due to its location in the Hampton Roads region, Poquoson residents are mere miles from a number of outdoor attractions, historic sites and plenty of world-class museums. The Virginia Air & Space Center, located in neighboring Hampton, has a variety of aircrafts that have been used in World War I and II as well as some that have been in space. From NASA spacecrafts to a replica of the 1903 Wright Flyer, the sky is really the limit in terms of aeronautical enjoyment. However, residents can also stay in town and visit the Poquoson Museum, where you can view replicas of WWII homes, enjoy a marsh walk or check out historic buildings.