Explore Houses for Rent in Maumelle, AR
Maumelle is a cheerful suburb of Little Rock. This city has plenty of opportunities for recreational activities, and individuals looking for homes for rent in an area where they can stay active will find Maumelle to be a perfect fit.
Facts for Renters About Maumelle
- Crude stone tools found by excavators on the Maumelle Historical Committee revealed that Maumelle has been inhabited by man since 400 B.C.
- Two brothers, Jacob and James Pyeatt, brought the first group of settlers to the area in 1812. At the time, the settlement was called Pyeattstown.
- Maumelle was farmland for most of its history, but during World War II the land was bought by the government. The Maumelle Ordnance Works was built, and it produced and stored munitions for the war.
Resources for Renters in Maumelle
- For resources on the city's government and services, renters can use the official website.
- Parents who want details on the local school system should check out the Pulaski County Special School District page, which includes news, registration information and supplemental education services.
- Renters looking for a four-legged friend should use the Maumelle Friends of the Animals site, where local shelter animals in need of a home are listed for adoption. There are also options to foster animals and volunteer at the organization.
Things to Do in Maumelle
Renters who love the outdoors will be keen on Maumelle. This suburb has over 19 miles of paved walking and biking trails. For sports lovers, there's the Country Club of Arkansas for golf, the Maumelle Diamond Center for baseball and the Rolling Oaks Soccer Complex for soccer. With Little Rock right next door, renters in Maumelle also have access to plenty of festivals, restaurants, and nightlife options.