Discover Houses for Rent in Carmel Valley, CA
Carmel Valley is a gorgeous area in Southern California located along the Pacific Ocean. It's close to famous California locales like Salinas and Monterey. Families and residents searching for homes for rent may be attracted to the area for its mellow California living conditions, which offer a high degree of culture as well, with nearby Monterey offering opportunities for boating. This city also boasts an impressive lineage of '60s counterculture musicality. The 1967 Monterey Music Festival hosted performances by luminaries like Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin. Carmel Valley also neighbors beautiful parks, such as Andrew Molera State Park and Ventana Wilderness in Los Padres. This is excellent news for a resident eager to explore the natural beauty that California offers.
Intriguing Details About Carmel Valley
- Roman Catholic friars were some of the early settlers of Carmel Valley, naming the area after their patron saint, Our Lady of Mount Carmel. This occurred in 1603, indicative of the historical weight the Southern California area has, which is sure to be interesting to a renter who's a fan of history.
- The area around Carmel Valley has been flooded numerous times, leading to the installation of several dams over the years. The floods also caused erosion, which was a scourge of early farmers in the area.
- The first golf course in Carmel Valley was established in 1900.
Resources for Potential Renters
- Carmel Valley's website provides information on essentials for renters, such as key places for utilities. Visiting the Carmel Chamber of Commerce's website can help a new resident find useful utilities.
- Parents should visit the website of Carmel Unified School District to obtain knowledge about schools in the area. This presents an excellent way to become informed about the various events students will attend while going to public school, not to mention giving parents a great way to contact teachers should the need arise.