Explore Beautiful Houses for Rent in Coto De Caza, CA
Coto de Caza is a gated community with homes for rent near Mission Viejo. Residents here have access to many amenities. The Thomas F. Riley Wilderness Park is just outside the gates and has trails, programs, and a Ranger's Station that make it ideal for family-friendly outdoor activities.
Facts for Renters
- Coto de Caza was host to several Olympic modern pentathlon events. In 1984, the community was transformed into the venue for equestrian, running, shooting and fencing events.
- The reality show "The Real Housewives of Orange County" was filmed in Coto de Caza, and it's home to the show's producer, Scott Dunlop.
- The community's name is Spanish for "game preserve." It was initially meant to be a hunting reserve, but eventually the company that owned the property decided to turn it into a planned community instead.
- The Coto Valley Country Club has horseback riding, lodging and training. There's a polo club in the facility, and tennis courts. Members have access to a gym, cafe and a swimming pool. Renters can also golf, swim and play tennis at the Coto de Caza Golf & Racquet Club.
Resources for Renters
- Renters who are interested in community service and outreach can check out the Rotary Club del Sol, which has members from Coto de Caza as well as other surrounding cities.
- Coto de Caza has its own newspaper, the Coto de Caza News, for residents who want to stay updated on local community events and news. It's available both in print and online.
- Mothers who live in the community can join the Coto Mother's Club, which hosts events and activities to help provide socialization and support for mothers and their children. Information on how to join is available on its website.