Find Houses for Rent in La Mirada, CA
La Mirada is a city located in Los Angeles County. Some nearby cities include Los Angeles, Santa Monica and Pasadena. Families looking for homes for rent in the area will be pleased by the wide array of activities available to them in this quintessential West Coast community. One of the main draws of La Mirada is Splash!, the local waterpark that provides fun for the whole family. Locals also love catching performances at La Mirada Theatre, or watching blockbusters at Starplex Cinema. The city also provides plenty of delicious dining options, but those in the know head to Light Town Korean BBQ for tasty and affordable fare.
Facts for Renters
- La Mirada, which means "the view" in Spanish, was founded in the late 1800s by Andrew McNally and Edwin Neff.
- McNally was the first official resident after he built Windemere Ranch, where he grew olives, lemons and oranges.
- The two men founded the La Mirada Land Company, which encouraged people from all over the country to buy plots of land and further settle the territory.
- La Mirada drew tourists and attention from State Fairs in the 1940s and 1950s due to its status as the first "planned" city in the nation.
- The area's popularity caused the city to develop rapidly throughout the 1960s into the modern community it is today.
Resources for Renters