Find Fabulous Houses for Rent in Norwalk, CA
Norwalk, Calif., has a multitude of homes for rent that make it the perfect community to raise a family. As one of Los Angeles County's Gateway Cities, Norwalk straddles the line near Orange County and acts as a major throughway for commuters traveling throughout Southern California. With easy access to major metro areas throughout the state and a relatively small-town feel for a city of its size, Norwalk is a truly unique area to call home.
Important Facts for Norwalk Renters
- Four major freeways cut through Norwalk, including the Santana Ana Freeway (I-5) and the San Gabriel River Freeway (I-605) at the city's northern edge and the Century Freeway (I-105), which terminates at the San Gabriel Freeway at Norwalk's southern border. The Artesia Freeway runs close by as well, just south of Norwalk.
- Like many other Gateway Cities, Norwalk was once a major center for dairy. In 1900, nearly all of the 50 families who inhabited the land that is now Norwalk were dairy farmers.
- The Hargitt House is a historical site in town that was built in the Eastlake Victorian style, which is open to the public today as a heritage museum dedicated to the city.
Resources for Norwalk Residents
- Cerritos College is located in Norwalk and serves an area of 52 square miles in southeastern Los Angeles County, offering degrees and certificates in 87 areas of study.
- Norwalk is an important hub of activity for Los Angeles County, as it is the site of the County Registrar's Office.
What Makes Norwalk so Special?
This city is large enough and prosperous enough to offer residents a host of amenities, but small enough to retain a tight-knit, communal feel - perfect for any family.