Search for Houses for Rent in Tulare, CA
Located near Lemoore and Hanford, Tulare is a mid-sized city nestled in the heart of California's Central Valley. Tulare has mountains to the east and is surrounded by plains on all other sides, making homes for rent in Tulare a perfect option for families looking to escape the complications of big city life.
Unique Facts About Tulare for Residents
- The Tulare Golf Course is an 18-hole, 72-par course complete with a pro shop, driving range and restaurant where the whole family can relax together. Residents of Tulare can also rent out the club house for private functions, weddings, birthday parties and more.
- Every February, people from all over the world travel to Tulare for the World Agriculture Exposition. Companies from more than 50 countries exhibit their latest products for the crowds, which exceeded 100,000 attendees in 2014.
Sequoia National Park is about a 45-minute drive from Tulare, making it a great day-trip for the adventurers or nature lovers in the family.
- Tulare is named after the Tulare Lake, which dried up at some point in the 17th century. Before then, Tulare Lake was the largest body of freshwater west of the Great Lakes.
Important Resources for Residents of Tulare
- The Tulare City School District has all the information residents need to enroll their children in the best schools the city has to offer. The district features both middle and elementary schools, as well as additional programs for pre-school and after-school students.
- The Tulare city website has links to information everything a resident could need, like economic development, public documents, zoning maps, housing opportunities and tax rates. The city has also produced a Video TourBook of the community for prospective residents to check out the town.