Find Wonderful Houses for Rent in Winchester, CA
This rural community has homes for rent that are ideal for those who want a relaxed place to live while still having easy access to plenty of attractions. Located near both Hemet and Murrieta, Winchester is a perfect example of the perks of small-town life in California.
Facts for Renters About Winchester
- Winchester is part of Riverside County, which was the original home of the Cahuilla, Cupeño and Luiseño Native American tribes. The area now has 12 official Indian reservations.
- During the time of settlers, the region was plagued by problems with water, especially when a dam ruined plans for irrigation. Water was finally brought to the region in the 1960's.
- A Methodist church was built in Winchester in 1886, and it's still in use today.
Resources for Renters in Winchester
- Renters looking to know more about the region can use the Riverside County website to learn about the government and commerce within the area.
- Winchester has an elementary school in town and is part of the Hemet Unified School District. Parents looking for details on schools can look to its website.
- Information about recreational opportunities can be found at the Valley-Wide Parks and Recreation page.
Things to Do in and Around Winchester
Winchester Park offers plenty of room for family-friendly fun, including play areas and various courts for athletics. The Riverside County region also boasts dozens of golf courses and country clubs for renters who want a relaxing way to spend their weekends. Nearby Lake Elsinore has restaurants and shopping as well as plenty of recreational options. There's everything from boating and fishing to camping and skydiving for renters who want to soak up the California sun and stay active.