Discover Houses for Rent in Cooper City, FL
Cooper City, found in Broward County, is an excellent place located directly to the north of Miami, close to Pembroke Pines and Davie. Families and residents looking for homes for rent can expect to have many experiences while living in the city - it's full of locations like Ted Ferone Park, Cooper Colony Golf Course, Blue Moon Diner, Christie Schafale Park, Cooper City Sports Complex and Vicky Bakery.
History of Cooper City
- The Seminole Native American tribe was among the earliest inhabitants of what's now known as Cooper City.
- Agriculture played a substantial role in the lives of Cooper City's early settlers. During the early period of the city's existence, canals, rather than roads, were the dominant avenue for transporting goods and people in the area. This still helps to give the city a unique look, similar to canal-based cities. Livestock was also an important industry in Cooper City.
- The city has been referred to by other names.It was once called Wacico Groves, deriving this name from the Walsh Citrus Company, which had a role in the early economy of the city.
Helpful Resources for Renters
- Cooper City's website will help keep renters informed about significant aspects of city life. For example, it provides comprehensive information on museums in the area, Florida state governmental agencies, current population and demographic statistics, transportation, sports and recreation and many more. The site also has pages on the services the city offers, its departments, government and news.
- Parents concerned about their child's education can visit the website of Broward County Public Schools to discover information about schools in the county.
- The Davie-Cooper City Chamber of Commerce has an informative website, listing key facts about membership in the chamber, events the chamber hosts, area resources and a page that provides a detailed description of the chamber.