Discover Houses for Rent in Crawfordville, FL
Crawfordville is the county seat of Wakulla County. The small unincorporated community is found close to Tallahassee. Families searching for homes for rent in Crawfordville should note the beautiful surrounding areas, such as Apalachicola National Forest, St. Marks Wildlife Refuge and Aucilla Wildlife Management Area. Useful locations in Crawfordville include Winn-Dixie and Harvest Fellowship.
Interesting Facts About Crawfordville
- Crawfordville is found west of the "Nature Coast," meaning that the community has a number of unique natural inhabitants, including rare birds and manatees.
- The community was built in the late 1800s.
- Crawfordville hosts a number of seafood festivals each year.
Resources for Renters
- The Wakulla County Historical Society's website has information on the county museum and a number of other sources that will be helpful for Crawfordville renters. These include projects the society is undertaking and citizen participation, which demonstrates the various ways the county's citizens can contribute to the society. The latter can be done by becoming a member, providing gifts and helping the society fundraise. Other key pieces of information on the site include special events, meetings and a description of the society.
- The community has a website called Crawfordville Community that has general information and pages on local media, national parks, local places of interest, community clubs, child care, restaurants, camping and recreation, and a number of other pages that will be of assistance to new and potential residents.
Wakulla County School District's website has many pages that will help the parents of Crawfordville learn about educational opportunities in the district. Notable resources include an "About Our District" page, which describes the school board, the district's departments, the superintendent, the district advisory counsel, a calendar and news. Other pages on the site include a list of the schools in the district and volunteering opportunities.