Discover Houses for Rent in Crestview, FL
Crestview is one of many idyllic Florida locations in Okaloosa County. Crestview is the county seat and is west of Florida's capital, Tallahassee, and north of the Gulf of Mexico, neighboring Valparaiso and Defuniak Springs. Residents searching for homes for rent have a number of options for dining, shopping and exercising in Crestview, such as Twin Hills Park, Publix Super Market at Bent Creek Shopping Center, Spanish Trail Park and Azteca Mexican Restaurant.
History of Crestview
- Crestview officially became a part of Florida in the early 1900s, gaining incorporation in 1916.
- The city's name is based on its geographic location at the top point of a woodland by two rivers.
- The city became the county seat in 1917, just two years after Okaloosa County was established.
- Crestview has been dubbed the "Hub City" due to its ideal location by three dominant highways in the region.
Resources for Renters
- The City of Crestview's website has plenty of resources for renters to explore, including utilities and recycling and a page on employment and jobs. The site also has unique features, such as a City Video Tour, providing visual media so residents can see what the city looks like. There's also information on the city council, agendas, departments, government, online services, calendars, events and a history and photo gallery of the city. Other resources include events, news and announcements and city meetings.
Okaloosa County School District's website has multiple pages designed for different audiences. For example, there are pages for parents, employees and students.
Crestview Area Chamber of Commerce has a website designed for residents interested in the business community in the city. The chamber's motto is "A Gateway to Opportunity, Growth and Prosperity." Pages include membership, events, area information, news and information, member login and the board of directors.