Find Beautiful Houses for Rent in Dade City, FL
Dade City is located along Florida's western coast in Pasco County, about an hour northwest of Tampa. The community is a popular tourist destination due to its historic architecture, antique stores and great restaurants. Dade City has a small downtown business district where the community holds monthly events. Homes for rent in the city have great views of local lakes and landscapes in a friendly, family-oriented community.
Historical Facts for Future Renters
- The first community in the area was established in the 1870s and called Fort Dade. The city was incorporated in 1889 and its name was changed.
- The local economy was based on citrus and cattle farming for many years. Today, Dade City offers many service industry and government jobs.
- Dade City was the location of a prisoner-of-war camp during World War II. Many German soldiers captured in North Africa were held in the city until the end of the war. The camp was later transformed into the Pyracantha Park Civic Center.
- Since 1997, the Dade City Chamber of Commerce has hosted the annual Kumquat Festal in January. An estimated 40,000 people attend the event, which includes special kumquat desserts, live entertainment, arts and crafts and kid-friendly activities.
Useful Resources for Renters
- Community events, business directories and photo galleries are available on the Dade City Chamber of Commerce website. The site also provides information on public services, recreation and other local communities.
- The Dade City website provides contacts for city officials and departments, as well as information about local politics.
- Children in Dade City attend Pasco County schools. Parents can access school calendars, district news and staff information on the school system's website.