Discover Perfect Houses for Rent in Hallandale Beach, FL
Hallandale Beach is located along Florida's eastern coast in Broward County. The city is situated south of Hollywood and north of Aventura. The area is family-oriented and culturally diverse. Homes for rent in Hallandale Beach have access to a number of parks and recreation facilities, including tennis courts and the community pool.
Interesting Facts for Future Residents
- Hallandale was declared a town in 1927 and reincorporated as a city in 1947. The community officially changed its name to Hallandale Beach in 1999.
- The area's economy relied predominantly on farming in the 1900s. The community's shoreline has historically been used for recreation.
- Hallandale Beach offers a free minibus service that will bring community members around the city and to certain attractions in surrounding towns.
- The city draws many visitors to its Gulfstream Park Racing and Casino, which was built in 1939. Another popular attraction is the Mardi Gras Casino, which includes a greyhound racing facility. The World Classic of greyhound racing is held in Hallandale Beach each year.
Resources for Renters
- The Hallandale Beach website is a great resources for new residents. It includes contact information for city departments, maps of the various neighborhoods and details on the city's recreational programs.
- Renters can find a list of local businesses and information on community events on the Hallandale Beach Chamber of Commerce website. There are also job postings, a photo gallery and a list of local sales on the site.
- Residents can keep up with area news by reading the South Florida Sun Sentinel. The newspaper reports on sports, entertainment, health and lifestyle in Hallandale Beach and the surrounding communities.