Explore Houses for Rent in Key Largo, FL
Homes for rent on Key Largo, the largest of the Florida Keys, truly represent an island paradise. In even the coldest months of the year, the average low temperatures are still above 60 degrees Fahrenheit, and the island has never recorded an actual frost.
Local Resources for Key Largo Renters
- Even though local rentals are separated from the main part of the state, families can still take advantage of a strong school system. In fact, the Key Largo School has repeatedly received top marks from the Florida Department of Education.
- For adult learners and those looking to continue their education, Florida Keys Community College has a trio of campuses.
- Local renters can take advantage of the many events put on by local officials and organizations. One of the most notable is the Humphrey Bogart Film Festival that takes place each May. Other events also take place frequently, such as Light Up Key Largo.
Activities for Key Largo Renters
- Key Largo's temperate weather, warm water and wealth of old shipwrecks has led to its self-proclaimed nickname as the diving capital of the world. Snorkeling and scuba facilities are close to rentals everywhere.
- The island's proximity to the mainland also makes it a premier departure point for kayaking tours of the surrounding islands or Everglades National Park.
- The island is home to a number of world-class dining establishments, which range from fine dining to more wholesome cuisine, for local renters to enjoy.
Things to Do Near Key Largo
If renters want to escape from the island for a short while, they can take either the Overseas Highway or Card Sound Bridge back to the mainland, since the island is just a short drive from the excitement of Miami and South Florida.