Find Perfect Houses for Rent in Key West, FL
There probably aren't many people who haven't heard of the majestic city of Key West, Florida, at this point. And for good reason - it's generally known as a must-see urban area and a playground for the rich and famous. That being said, individuals who are looking for perfect homes for rent for their families may have found their own slice of heaven here. This city is remote - it's situated closer to Cuba than Miami, which is about 3 hours away - and it's a great spot for those who love the sun, surf and sand.
Interesting Facts for Renters
- Key West, which is technically an island in and of itself, was originally named Cayo Hueso, which means Bone Key. It was given this name because when explorers set foot on the island, they were allegedly faced with bones of deceased natives littered on the beach.
- Key West has been claimed by many nations, including Spain, the United Kingdom, the United States and the Confederate States of America.
- In the past, it was not uncommon to see shipwrecks off the coast of Key West, due to the massive reefs located just offshore. Salvaging treasure from wrecks was once a lucrative business on the island.
Resources for Renters in Key West
- Those new to the area should check in on the Key West Events Calendar every so often so they can stay informed about the latest activities, exhibitions and other fun goings-on in the city.
- Renters in Key West can certainly enjoy the warm, beautiful weather throughout the year, but they should be aware of what happens during hurricane season. They can look at the Hurricane Season page for the latest information about impending storms and learn more about how to stay safe during a storm.