674 Houses for Rent in Oxford, Georgia
Number of Bedrooms
Oxford House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Find Unique and Authentic Houses for Rent in Oxford, GA
When it comes to the colorful and relaxing spirit of Georgia, few cities can compare to Oxford, which is home to Emory University's Oxford College and countless other historic landmarks. Residents will be able to choose from myriad homes for rent when looking to move to this city, while it's within the borders of Newton County and not far from several major cities including Atlanta, Augusta and Gainesville.
Fun Facts About Oxford for Prospective Renters
- Oxford got its name from the local college that was founded by two Oxford University alumnus, while the city has a rich history spanning back hundreds of years.
- Film lovers might want to know that the legendary "Dukes of Hazzard" opening credits, which included the car jump, was filmed in this city on the grounds of the school.
- The Oxford Historic District, as well as the Orna Villa, are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Although the city is only a 40-minute drive from downtown Atlanta, it maintains a peaceful environment for its residents.
Useful Resources for Oxford Residents
- More information about public services and amenities can be researched through the City of Oxford main website.
- Parents will be able to learn more about public education in the area through the Newton County Schools website.
- The Newton County Board of Commissioners also offers more information about public works in the area.
- Renters might want to get a better idea of what life is like in this authentic Southern city, and can do so by reading through local stories provided by Covington News.
Life's a Peach in Oxford
Residents will be able to choose from countless natural attractions when looking for leisurely activities in and around Oxford. Additionally, Atlanta and other major cities are a short drive from Oxford's downtown area.