Explore Great Houses for Rent in Cicero, IL
There are many beautiful homes for rent in Cicero, Ill., that offer renters numerous options to meet their needs. A beautiful suburb that is just a 16-minute drive west of Chicago, Cicero is the right balance between small town and big city. With gorgeous architecture and picturesque scenery, this is a backdrop that families of all sizes can enjoy.
4 Tidbits About Cicero for Renters to Know
- The town is named after Roman statesman of the first century B.C. Marcus Tullius Cicero.
- Ernest Hemingway was born here, in the area that is now the village of Oak Park. The town split into three sections in 1901: Berwyn, Cicero and Oak Park.
- Cicero is comprised of eight neighborhoods, and each has its own district name and unique characteristics.
- Famed gangster Al Capone built headquarters in Cicero in the mid-1920s. Currently, the area is very safe, but this is a great example of the storied history of the town.
4 Fun Ways to Spend Your Time Near Cicero Rentals
- Learn about sports - Cicero is home to Chicagoland Sports Hall of Fame. According to its website, the Hall of Fame pays tribute to the athletes whose legendary careers have "thrilled, entertained and enriched our lives with unforgettable moments of greatness."
- Watch a race - The Hawthorne Race Course is a great way to spend an afternoon taking in the fast-paced atmosphere of racing and enjoying the weather.
- Visit St. Mary of Czestochowa Church - This is a historic landmark in Cicero, as the church was established at the end of the 19th century and has offered a parish school and religious education programs since 1905.
- Take in some history - Swing by the Hawthorne Works Museum and learn about Cicero's role in the early days of Western Electric.