Discover Houses for Rent in River Forest, IL
The major metropolis of Chicago is surrounded by so many pleasant suburban communities that families who want homes for rent in an area that is simultaneously comfortable and modern won't have any problems finding one. For example, River Forest, Illinois, which is only about 11 miles away from Chicago, boasts several spacious parks, historic landmarks, two universities and green initiatives that are indicative of a contemporary environmental consciousness.
Fun Facts for River Forest Renters
- Whether you need to work in Chicago or just want to know you're never far from the culture and diverting activities of the city, you can take comfort in knowing that Chicago is only 10 minutes away via I-290, or 20 minutes away on a ride on the CTA Green Line "L."
- The architecture featured among River Forest's buildings and homes spans a diverse range of styles, including Victorian, Prairie, Craftsman, Mid-Century Modern and 20th-Century Revival. Among the buildings found in River Forest is the William Winslow House, which was Frank Lloyd Wright's first commission.
- River Forest has recently been working with a team of professionals to identify, survey and preserve various buildings of potential historic value.
- The River Forest Park District encompasses 10 parks that include activities such as baseball and soccer fields, climbing walls, tennis courts and a sled hill.
Important Resources for River Forest Renters
- River Forest promotes several environmentally conscious policies, including financial rebates for energy-efficient appliances, provisions for green party supplies, tips for lawn maintenance and rain barrels to capture storm water.
- In addition to several public and private schools, River Forest is home to Triton College, Concordia University and Dominican University.
Senior residents of River Forest can take advantage of the Senior Basement Protection Program, online utility payments and other services.