Find Beautiful Houses for Rent in Forest Park, IL
Are you looking for homes for rent in a small town, but still love the opportunities that lie in the big city? For renters who answered yes, Forest Park, Ill., is the town for you. Located a mere 15 minutes west of Chicago, Forest Park is a picturesque area that's also easily accessible off of the CTA Blue Line. Never again will you have to choose between the Windy City or a quiet home, as you can have the best of both worlds in Forest Park.
3 Neat Facts About Forest Park
- Settlers first came to the Forest Park area in 1856, but the city wasn't incorporated until 1907.
- Forest Park police officers give out "Positive Police Tickets," which are citations for children who are behaving well. These can be redeemed for rewards at various businesses throughout the community, such as an ice cream cone at a concession stand.
- The town motto is "Big city access, small town charm."
4 Fun Things You Can Do in Forest Park
- Satisfy your sweet tooth - Forest Park is home to the Ferrara Candy Company, which makes many of your favorite sweet treats, including Atomic Fireballs, Lemonheads and Red Hots.
- Soak in the sun - The city has several beautiful parks where you can go for a walk or ride your bike. There's also the Forest Park Dog Park, so even your four-legged friend can enjoy the outdoors.
- Catch a unique softball game - Every year, Forest Park hosts the "No Glove" National Softball Tournament, where players compete without the standard mitt.
- Take a dive - Come visit the aquatic center, which has two large water slides, a volleyball court and a child-safe water sport area.