Locate Houses for Rent in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Homes for rent in Oakbrook Terrace are just a few short miles from downtown Chicago, yet, as most current residents know, the city is one of the most dynamic in the area. Home to multiple large corporate headquarters, there is plenty of economic growth in this area to support growing families.
Things Oakbrook Terrace Renters Should Know
- Oakbrook Terrace was incorporated as a city in 1958.
- The city is part of DuPage County, and is considered to be a western suburb of Chicago.
- Oakbrook Terrace is home to the tallest building in Illinois outside of Chicago - the 31-story Oakbrook Terrace Tower, which primarily serves as office space for local businesses.
- Oakbrook Terrace is the headquarters of the online movie rental company Redbox.
Key Resources for Renters in Oakbrook Terrace
- Search local government employment opportunities, check out upcoming events and examine local residential rights and regulations at the City of Oakbrook Terrace website.
- Take a virtual look at local parks and facilities, research local youth and adult recreation opportunities and look up events at the Lake View Nature Center at the Oakbrook Terrace Park District website.
Top Things to Do in and around Oakbrook Terrace
While many residents living in and around Oakbrook Terrace depend on the city for employment, most neighboring communities provide the regional entertainment. The Graue Mill and Museum, located in nearby Oak Brook, was a stop on the Underground Railroad, and provides a look into what life was like in the area in the 1800s. For an architectural treat, head to Mayslake Peabody Estate, a Tudor revival mansion that has been painstakingly restored to the glory it held while Francis Peabody resided here.