Find Your Dream House for Rent in Bettendorf, IA
Bettendorf and neighboring Davenport make up the Iowa portion of the Quad City Metro area. This city has homes for rent in a region that's growing in prosperity. In fact, Bettendorf has been named on CNN Money magazine's "Best Towns in America" list.
Facts for Renters About Bettendorf
- The city was originally named Lillienthal after the owner of a local dance hall and tavern. It was later renamed to Gilbert before finally being named Bettendorf, for the two brothers whose factory helped the city become successful.
- Bettendorf was incorporated as a city in 1903.
- The land the city is located on was purchased in the Black Hawk Purchase of 1832. It was bought from the Sac and Fox Native American tribes.
Resources for Renters in Bettendorf
- Parents can use the Bettendorf Community School District website to educate themselves on the school's learning goals and enrollment policies.
- The Bettendorf Public Library hosts clubs, movie nights and even has its own Minecraft server. Renters can use its Web page to learn more about its offerings and find dates for events.
- Renters can find information on local government and services from the official City of Bettendorf website.
Attractions Around Bettendorf
This city has wholesome fun that will appeal to both adults and children. Families can spend time at the Family Museum. There, young ones can learn and gain culture. There are also plenty of character-building experiences in its offerings, such as dance and educational classes. For warm-weather fun, there's Splash Landing. Renters can escape the heat at its water slides and pool. Athletic individuals can also participate in local recreational leagues for sports like soccer and baseball. For community attractions, there's the 4th of July parade and festival, which features vendors, food and activities that make this city feel like home.