283 Houses For Rent in Ankeny, IA
Number of Bedrooms
Ankeny House Options
Explore Beautiful Houses for Rent in Ankeny, IA
Ankeny is located just north of Ames and Des Moines. This city has homes for rent close to the capital in a family-friendly environment. The region has many educational opportunities, and nearby cities have plenty of entertainment.
Facts for Renters about Ankeny
- Ankeny was rated as one of the best places to live in America by Money magazine due to the quality of its education, low crime rates and high job growth.
- The city was founded by John and Sarah Ankeny in 1875. It was named after the couple, and incorporated in 1903.
- The first volunteer fire department was organized in Ankeny in 1907. It had 24 metal pails and three ladders for equipment.
Resources for Renters in Ankeny
- Renters can pay bills, get library cards and join local organizations through the City of Ankeny's official Web page.
- To learn about local businesses and events, as well as how to get involved in the Chamber of Commerce, renters can look to the Ankeny Area Chamber of Commerce site.
- Parents and students can find information on the local schools at the Ankeny Community School District page.
Attractions in and Around Ankeny
Uptown Ankeny features lots of shopping and services for renters. There, individuals can get a massage, grab a beer at the FireTrucker Brewery or check out the Uptown Ankeny Farmers Market. There are also 40 parks and 34 miles of trails for fun that will keep the whole family happy. In nearby Des Moines, renters can check out other attractions, like the Science Center of Iowa. It also has events like the Des Moines Arts Festival for those who want to explore the region's cultural options.