Find Beautiful Houses for Rent in Iowa City, IA
Right next to the city of Coralville, Iowa City has an engaging nightlife and a focus on cultivating the humanities. Homes for rent there are perfect for those who want a balance of fun and educational opportunities.
Facts for Renters About Iowa City
- The city is home to the Iowa Writer's Workshop, the most famous and illustrious graduate-level writing program in the nation. Founded in 1936, it counts Andre Dubus, Raymond Carver and Flannery O'Connor among its alumni.
- Iowa City was the official state capital from 1841 to 1857, hosting legislatures and assemblies before the capital was relocated to Des Moines.
- The ACT standardized test has its headquarters in Iowa City. This test was founded in 1959, and is used as an entry exam for students entering American colleges.
Resources for Renters
- Iowa City has a rich literary history and continues to uphold its literary roots today through events like the Iowa City Books Festival. Details on the festival, such as programs and visiting authors and speakers, can be found at the official website.
Downtown Iowa City's page has information on the nightlife of the city, including bars, clubs and events being hosted in the area.
- Parents can learn about the school board and how to enroll their children at the Iowa City Community School District website.
Things to Do Near Iowa City
Museum and literature buffs will find plenty of attractions in Iowa City. Renters can check out the University of Iowa Museum of Art or the Iowa City Public Library. For film buffs, there's the Englert Theatre, which is a National Historic Landmark. Downtown, renters will find plenty of offerings for clubs and bars, from places to watch a game to refined lounges to have a glass of wine.