Find House for Rent in Avondale, LA
Situated on the western bank of the Mississippi River, Avondale is just a few miles from New Orleans, making the quaint suburb a fine location for those who are searching for homes for rent near a major cultural center.
Interesting Facts About Avondale
- The city's elevation is just 3 feet above sea level.
- As the crow flies, Avondale is about 68 miles from the state capital of Baton Rouge. New Orleans is only 11 miles down the road.
- Avondale is located in Jefferson Parish, which was founded in 1825 and named after Thomas Jefferson, who purchased the Louisiana territory from the French in 1803. The area has a long, storied history that stems back to 16-century French and Spanish explorers.
Helpful Avondale Resources for New Renters
- Information on the municipal programs of Jefferson Parish, which includes Avondale, can be accessed on the parish's official website.
- Golf players and fans can keep track of the on-goings at the world-famous PGA golf course, TPC Louisiana, through the facility's active Facebook page.
- Residences who need medical help, counseling and resources can receive more information on the Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority website, which outlines the services that are available in the area.
Avondale and Beyond
One of the biggest advantages of renting a house in Avondale is its close proximity to New Orleans, a city that offers endless options when it comes to nightlife. From dozens of live music venues to the haunts on Bourbon Street, New Orleans is the perfect destination for Avondale renters who need a night out. However, that's not to say Avondale doesn't have its perks. The famed TPC Louisiana provides residents with a championship golf course that's part of the PGA Tour's Tournament Players Club network, as well as fine dining at the TPC Grill Restaurant.