Find Houses for Rent in Destrehan, LA
Found outside of New Orleans, this suburb in St. Charles Parish is embedded in deep Louisiana history and culture. Homes for rent in Destrehan take advantage of the community's prime location along the Mississippi River.
Fun Facts for New Destrehan Residents
- Members of the community can visit the historic Destrehan Plantation and tour the beautiful classic home, which lies on the shores of the Mississippi River. It also plays host to private events, renting out its facilities to citizens.
- Visitors to Audubon Park in nearby New Orleans can enjoy the numerous recreational activities it offers. With a golf course, jogging path and tennis courts, there's enough outdoor fun for everyone in the family to love.
- The New Orleans West KOA in River Ridge is a popular campground for families looking for a chance to unwind and take in the quiet pleasures of Louisiana. Authentic Cajun cooking and jazz music give this attraction Southern character and charm.
Important Resources for Renters New to Destrehan
- The education system in Destrehan is managed by St. Charles Parish Public Schools, which is headquartered in Luling. In addition to providing engaging school environments to have its students achieve academic excellence, the community also runs special education and English as a second language programs for residents.
- The National World War II Museum has exhibits which capture a rich part of American history with authentic videos that detail the histories of the military branches. Thousands of photographs line the museum and special events detail different aspects of the war through the people who endured it.
What to Do in Destrehan
Whether you like to sit back and enjoy the quietness of your newly rented home or venture out into the hub of New Orleans, living in Destrehan affords you the freedom to lead a happy life of your choosing.