Find Houses for Rent in Elkridge, MD
Elkridge sits on the eastern corner of Howard County, Md., putting it within easy reach of Baltimore. This census-designated place is the oldest settlement in the entire county and carries a colorful and rich history to match. The region has seen a wide array of different industries and is seen as a leader in new markets, and attracts a diverse, talented population looking for homes for rent.
Things Elkridge Renters Need to Know
- Elkridge has a huge selection of transportation options. Several interstates intersect in and a round the community, the commuter bus is widely available and the Howard County public transit system provides a comprehensive coverage map for the entire area. Light rail and long-distance travel are also easily obtained in the region.
- There's a substantial educational presence and importance throughout Elkridge. The area has many elementary and secondary schools, as well as easy access to the University of Maryland and several higher education institutions.
- Many sites in Elkridge are listed in the National Register of Historic Places. This limits new construction but offers charm and antique touches to most available homes.
Top Resources for Elkridge Renters
- Explore Maryland's Elkridge Web page offers an array of resources for regional visitors and residents alike. This site allows people to interact with a large events calendar, shows city attractions and suggests tourism locations around the area.
- The Elkridge Youth Organization has a wide selection of assets to families and young people looking for events in the area. The site also offers outreach opportunities for residents of every age.
More Fun Things to Do Near Elkridge Rentals
Elkridge is home to the exceptionally historic and important Belmont Estate, also known as Moore's Morning Choice and the Belmont Conference Center. This site provides a slice of 1800s life to modern visitors and is easily accessible to Elkridge residents.