Find Houses for Rent in Foxboro, MA
The Town of Foxboro, or Foxborough as it's known officially and by residents, has a suburban feel and rural surroundings. One of the most distinguishing features of the town is that it's the site of Gillette Stadium, home of the New England Patriots. If you're a sports fan or are just looking for a quaint place to live, homes for rent in Foxboro may be able to put an end to your search.
What Should Foxboro Renters Know?
- Foxboro is named after a British statesman who championed Colonial independence named Charles James Fox.
- In 1914, when the Standard Gauge Company became the Foxboro Company, the name "Foxboro" became well known.
- Since its incorporation in 1778, the town has been officially known as Foxborough, though "Foxboro" very quickly became the term used in everyday affairs.
Helpful Resources for Renters in Foxboro
- The town website of Foxboro provides residents with a selection of useful tools and links to, for instance, the pages of local departments and community organizations.
- Information about businesses and economic development in Foxboro and other towns in the area may be found at the Tri-Town Chamber of Commerce website.
- The public transit website offered by the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority hosts resources pertaining to travel to and from Boston and other locations in the region.
Things to Do in Foxboro
For many, the main attraction in Foxboro is Gillette Stadium. The arena hosts games for a number of sports teams, including the New England Revolution and various lacrosse teams. The F. Gilbert Hills State Forest is also nearby and can be a great place to spend a day outdoors, thanks to its 23 miles of trails and more than 1,000 acres of grounds. In town, the local YMCA has facilities to meet the fitness needs of residents looking stay active. Urban excitement is also in arm's reach of Foxboro, since Boston and its diverse amenities are only an hour away by commuter rail and even less by car.