Discover Houses for Rent in Reading, MA
Hailed as a "Community of Excellence," Reading, Mass., is a charming community with a strong history. Homes for rent there are popular because of the town's progressive environment, community-oriented values, cultural opportunities and welcoming neighborhoods. Reading is located just 12 miles from downtown Boston, but has its own vibrant downtown district that's constantly growing and evolving to ensure that residents can get everything they need right in town. Many families choose to relocate to Reading because of its low crime rate, which is consistently lower than the national average.
Quick Facts for Reading Renters
- Reading is just a short drive from the beautiful beaches, historic sites and mountains of New England.
- The community was first inhabited by English settlers in the 1630s and named after the town of Reading in England.
- Reading is nestled between interstates 93 and 95, making it easy to get to neighboring towns like Wakefield, Wilmington and Lynnfield.
- The town's history can be seen in the varied architectural styles shown on local buildings. The two are beautifully mixed together along Reading's tree-lined streets both downtown and in the residential neighborhoods.
Key Resources for Reading Families
- The Reading Police Department maintains an active presence on Twitter. Families can follow the page for safety tips and other community updates.
- Reading is serviced by the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. For schedules, routes and transit stops, visit the MBTA website.
- The town's website contains a Web page with an alphabetized list of frequently requested information. New residents can check it out to make a smooth transition into the Reading community.
Things to Do in and Around Reading
- Expert and novice skaters alike can go ice skating at the Burbank Ice Arena.
- Those who like history can take a stroll to the Woburn Street Historic District.
- For some fresh air and hiking, families can visit the Reading Town Forest and Bare Meadow Conservation Area.