Find Houses for Rent in Ware, MA
Ware is a town in Hampshire County that sits right on the edge of the Quabbin Reservoir, where many towns in Massachusetts get their drinking water from. This town is a 40-minute drive to Springfield, one of the major cities in Massachusetts. It also isn't far from Worcester. With all of these amenities, homes for rent in the area give people the opportunity to get to know western Massachusetts. There's plenty to do. Check out the Hardwick Vineyard and Winery, where you can taste a wide range of wines and explore the grounds where they're cultivated. If you're an antique-lover, look no further than King Creek Farm, which has items for everyone.
Facts for Renters
- In 1716, a man named John Reade was given a plot of land that would later become Ware. At the time, he chose to name the property "The Manour of Peace." Because the land was spacious, other settlers came and made a home on the land. After a while, the community chose to change the name to Ware, possibly named after the Native American weirs, or fish traps, that were used at the nearby Ware River. Today, that agricultural image can be seen on the town seal.
- In 1938, the northern line of the town changed after the Quabbin Reservoir was created. The towns that initially sat on the body of water were adopted by Ware.
- Ware became known as a factory village after the arrival of the Industrial Revolution. Its largest industries were textiles and footwear.
- Today, Ware still remains an industrial community.
Resources for Renters
- Check out how to get involved in local government by visiting the town website.
- Figure out what to expect on the first day of school by going to the Ware Public Schools site.
- Learn about upcoming events in the Ware River News.