Discover Your Next House for Rent in Hastings, NE
Hastings is the county seat of Adams County, Nebraska. It's located close to Grand Island and Central City. Homes for rent in Hastings offer residents access to great schools, health care options, athletic activities, educational opportunities and all kinds of other amenities that make settling down in the city easy.
Historical Facts About Hastings
- The first home was built in Hastings by Walter Micklen in 1871.
- In 1872, the Burlington & Missouri River Railroad reached Hastings. The town was then founded and named for Col. Thomas D. Hastings, the contractor for the St. Joseph and Denver City Railroad.
- Hastings was incorporated in 1874.
- Hastings College held its first classes in 1882.
- The Oregon Trail cuts across Highway 281 just south of Hastings, and there's a state marker to point out the spot.
Useful Resources for New Renters
- Hastings' official website is a wonderful resource for those who want to get better acquainted with the community. It has everything you need to know about life in the city, from parks and recreation opportunities to local businesses, departments, government contacts and event schedules.
- The Visit Hastings Nebraska website is a neat tool for those who are looking for things to do in and around the city. It outlines great places to eat, fun family-friendly activities, upcoming attractions and hip nightlife venues. It's a must-visit site once you settle in and want to explore your new hometown.
- Hastings College is located in the city, and the site is a great resource for those who are interested in pursuing higher education without straying far from home.
- The Hastings Tribune is a local news source that can help you keep up to date on what's going on in the city and surrounding area.