Discover Perfect Houses for Rent in Ralston, NE
Ralston is a city in Douglas County that lies just south of Omaha. Since it's right next to the most populous city in the state and surrounded by other great communities, homes for rent in Ralston afford residents access to everything they want in a hometown, including great schools, shopping amenities, recreation activities and job opportunities.
Historical Facts About Ralston
- Ralston used to be a farm owned by Dr. George Miller, who established the Omaha Herald newspaper in 1865. He purchased land west of Omaha and had 40,000 trees "furrowed in," then stocked the area with deer. He named the estate "Deerfield" and built a castle home in 1887. He also platted a residential district that he called "Seymour Park."
- Miller's castle burned down in 1898. He ended up selling the land to the Ralston Townsite Company, which honored his request to keep the land's natural beauty intact.
- The city was named for Charles Ralston of Chicago, who planned to build a railway repair shop in the area.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Ralston's official website is a great source of information for new renters looking to acquaint themselves with the community. It has a page dedicated to those who are new to the city, as well as government details, calendars of events and links to several other useful pages that residents will appreciate.
- The Ralston Area Chamber of Commerce has an outline of local businesses and community events that renters and their families can check out after settling in.
- Parents should check out the website of Ralston Public Schools to learn more about the local education options and get a glimpse of schedules, events, curricula and more.
- The Hollis & Helen Baright Public Library is useful for those who need to conduct research or just look for entertainment options. The online catalog can help you find whatever you're looking for.