Search for New Houses for Rent in Franklin Lakes, NJ
If people are looking for a home for rent and truly want to embrace Americana and connect with warm and friendly neighbors, they need look no further than the community of Franklin Lakes, N.J. This area is a borough within the larger Bergen County, not actually a city, but that doesn't mean that the community doesn't offer all of the amenities people need to be comfortable in their new rentals.
3 Fast Facts for Renters
- The earliest settlers of Franklin Lakes were very diverse - in the 17th century, the area was occupied by Lenape Indians, after which Dutch immigrants moved in during the 18th century.
- Only 14 of the early Franklin Lakes farmhouses made of sandstone and fieldstone still stand.
- Franklin Lakes sits on some of the most accessible roads in New Jersey, from Interstate 287 to Route 208.
2 Resources for Those in Franklin Lakes
- After moving in, residents should make sure their mail is forwarded to their new addresses, which they can accomplish at the Franklin Lakes Post Office.
- One of the first things well-read renters will want to do is contact the Franklin Lakes Library so they can set themselves up with a library card and start checking out the latest books.
What Can You Do in Franklin Lakes?
It's very easy to stay active in Franklin Lakes - there are various sports and other athletic activities adults can sign themselves and their children up for. But for those who'd rather take it easy but not become lazy, there are a number of volunteer opportunities in the community. It might also be worth it to take a stroll around the Franklin Lakes Nature Preserve, where visitors can find plenty of challenging trails and interesting plants and animals.