Find Houses for Rent in Hackensack, NJ
Located just 12 miles from Midtown Manhattan, the city of Hackensack, N.J., truly has something for everyone. Hackensack is known not only for its proximity to New York City, but also for its diversity of neighborhoods and lifestyles. The city offers a wide variety of homes for rent, including high-rise apartments and condos, classic suburban single-family dwellings and historic downtown lofts.
- Downtown Hackensack is a historic area that boasts old brick buildings, numerous locally owned businesses, classic Atlantic charm and walkable streets.
- Hackensack was established in 1693. As one of the oldest communities in the nation, its deep roots are well-documented and represented throughout the city.
- Walking tours of Hackensack's historic districts are available for renters and visitors alike. The Main Street walking tour is a popular attraction.
3 Amenities Provided by the Hackensack Recreation Department
- The Hackensack Recreation Department offers a variety of programs for local youth, including wrestling, basketball, hockey, track, lacrosse, volleyball, soccer, cheerleading and football.
- The department also puts on various special events throughout the year. These can include parties, youth socials, magic shows and festivals.
- There are various parks and recreation areas located throughout Hackensack. Popular spots include Carver, Mary Street, Union Street, Polifly Road, Baldwin and Pulaski parks.
Resources for Renters
- Need information on various local events, laws and news? Check out Hackensack's homepage for more information.
- Before heading out of your new apartment, make sure to check Hackensack's local forecast.
- For news, community updates, photo galleries, restaurant reviews, discussion forums and local sports scores, check out Hackensack's page on NJ.com.
- Visit the Hackensack Regional Chamber of Commerce site for town information, newsletters, event calendars and more.