Discover Houses for Rent in East Orange, NJ
Located about 13 miles west of New York City, the city of East Orange, N.J., has a longstanding history and an eye for the future. The city is located directly west of Newark, which was once a major center for manufacturing jobs in the New York metropolitan area. Homes for rent in East Orange offer high-density living, proximity to New York and Newark, and numerous transportation options.
3 Ways to Get Around East Orange
- East Orange's location can't be beat, as it sits at the crossroads of the Garden State Parkway and Interstate 280 (the New Jersey Turnpike). This makes East Orange an ideal community from which to commute to both Newark and New York. Indeed, East Orange loses about 40 percent of its population on workdays due to commuting.
- In addition to its prime highway access, East Orange offers renters a variety of ways to get around without a car. NJ Transit runs two commuter lines - the Morristown Line and the Gladstone Branch - through the city. Multiple bus routes are also available for renters living in the area.
- Renters who want to do away with the car altogether shouldn't have much of a problem in East Orange, as it's very walkable.
Career Opportunities in the East Orange Area
Because East Orange sits directly next to Newark, there are numerous job opportunities for renters in the area. Some of the biggest industries in the surrounding region include:
- Chemical wholesale
Resources for Renters
- To get information on local news and happenings, check out East Orange's homepage.
- Alternatively, you can get up-to-date information by liking the city's Facebook page.
- Check out the local forecast for East Orange before heading out of your rental for the day.