Discover Your Next House for Rent in Cohoes, NY
A small city with a vibrant history, Cohoes, N.Y., is a superb place to find homes for rent. Whether residents are attracted by the city's picturesque location at the meeting of the Hudson and Mohawk rivers or its cheerful vibe, Cohoes is an attractive location for families looking to put down roots.
Fast Facts for Cohoes Renters to Know
- Cohoes was incorporated as a village in 1848 and as a city in 1869. It's in Albany County.
- The small city has several larger cities nearby, including Troy (4 miles away), Albany (10 miles), Schenectady (15 miles) and Saratoga Springs (24 miles).
- Public transit options include regional rail service on Amtrak and local bus service via the Niagara Frontier Transit Authority, for which stations can be found in the neighboring cities. Air transport is available through the Albany International Airport.
- Students are served by the Cohoes City School District from kindergarten through 12th grade. Nearby institutions of higher learning include the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Union College, Empire State College and Siena College.
Good Resources for the Cohoes Renter
- New to the city? Check out Cohoes' website, which features an events calendar, public forms center and a "How Do I?" section that answers many questions you might have.
- Local coverage options include the Troy Record and Cohoes News' Facebook page.
What to Do in and Around Cohoes
Cohoes' history is well-represented in its numerous historic sites, including the Harmony Mills, once the world's largest cotton mill complex, and the Cohoes Music Hall, one of the oldest such venues in the country. Local scenery includes Cohoes Falls and Peebles Island State Park, which offers breathtaking views and miles of walking and jogging paths along the Hudson and Mohawk rivers. Day trips and nights out can take advantage of the nearby city attractions, shopping at Albany's Colonie Center or taking in a horse race at the Saratoga Race Course.